Electrical Principal Engineer- Land Rig Package
Houston, TX 77041 US
Electrical Principal Engineer - Direct Hire - Onsite $115k-130k
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8: 00 AM - 5: 00 PM - HYBRID SCHEDULE IS AVAILABLE AFTER TRAINING PERIOD IS CONCLUDED AS EVALUATED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED: Please make that is shown on the resume if required
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE DRILLING INDUSTRY RULES AND REGULATIONS SUCH AS THE FOLLOWING: API, NEC, IEXEX, and ATEX.
- 5 TO 8 YEARS OF PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN DRILLING EQUIPMENT APPLICATIONS AND SYSTEMS DESIGN.
- GREAT MULTI-TASKING SKILLS
- PREVIOUS AUTOCAD EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED.
- GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS - THIS IS AN INTEGRAL ROLE CONNECTING ALL ENGINEERING GROUPS WITHIN THE RIG PACKAGE BUSINESS UNIT.
- MUST BE SELF-MOTIVATED AND ABLE TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY
BUZZ WORDS TO LOOK FOR IN RESUMES: LIGHTING/ILLUMINATION STUDIES, HAZARDOUS AREA STUDIES, AND CABLE CALCULATIONS & INDEXES
INTERVIEWS: PHONE OR IN-PERSON DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY.
The Principal Engineer-Land Rig Package Electrical will be based in a engineering facility in Houston and will work under the direction of the Land Rig Electrical Engineering Manager specifically on company Land Rig Packages. The Land Rig Electrical Engineering Group is responsible for design and technical support of land rig package designs, and the integration of equipment systems comprising any drilling application, and other special assignments as necessary.
- Technical point of contact within the Houston based Land Rig Electrical Engineering Group for assigned integration Projects.
- Provide electrical technical expertise and assistance to sales, project management and customers as needed during project phases with respect to Instrumentation, Controls and Power Systems on company Packages. Ensure any internal or external technical electrical queries are responded to accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Review project requirements, industry standards, regulations, and installation requirements to ensure the overall rig design, drilling and electrical equipment comply.
- Work with internal project engineers for control buildings, equipment buildings, controls, power, and drilling equipment that are part of the rig scope to ensure a coherent and coordinated electrical design.
- Work with other divisions and third parties as required to identify cabling and other interface requirements and incorporate them into the overall rig design.
- Work with rig up yard including third party electrical contractors as required to coordinate electrical design and installation.
- Provide on-site commissioning assistance and technical support as required.
- Domestic and international travel may be required at times, in support of company global operations.
- Comply with all company HSE procedures and policies
- Develop designs for electrical rig up, installation and operation including associated documentation packages which typically includes but is not limited to:
1. Rig Block Diagram
2. Rig Electrical Specification
3. Lighting including illumination studies
4. Hazardous area studies
5. Cable calculations and indexes
6. Bill of materials
7. Cable management system, including routing, trays, etc.
8. Connectors with necessary plug boards layouts, Junction boxes, etc.
9. Motor starters & Start/Stop stations
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Candidate must have 5-8 years practical experience in drilling equipment applications and system
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously
- Candidate must have great communication skills
- Candidate should be self-motivated and confident when dealing with all parties internal or
- Candidate must have experience managing multiple priorities and complex projects
- Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of relevant drilling industry rules and
regulations including, but not limited to API, NEC, IEXEx, and ATEX
- Proficient AutoCAD skills are preferred.
- Working knowledge of equipment is preferred.