Houston, TX 77041 US
Electrical Engineer - Direct Hire - Onsite first 6 months 90k-120k
SCHEDULE: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, 8: 00 AM TO 5: 00 PM
Hybrid schedule after six months (3 days in the office and 2 days remote work).
NO RELOCATION PACKAGE. CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: IN-PERSON MEETINGS, CAN ACCOMMODATE PHONE INTERVIEWS IF NEEDED
Will be part of the electrical engineering team to develop and design of electrical control systems for oil and gas drilling equipment. Must have the ability to design and produce documents, drawings/schematics, and procedures, and be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Produce drawings packages: Electrical One Line Diagrams, Wiring / Interconnect Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, I/O Lists, Cable Indexes, Fabrication and Assembly general arrangement drawings of Control Panels and Terminal Boxes, Cable and Instrument Layouts, and Hazardous Area Layouts.
- Provide support to drilling products, aftermarket/service, and installation & commissioning.
- Design electrical subsystems and assemblies to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints.
- Coordinate and review designs with 3rd parties and customers.
- Designing new drilling products.
- Coordinate equipment Factory Acceptance Tests, electrical commissioning, and start-up support as required.
- Provide leadership in continuing to improve the quality and processes of products.
- Ensure that equipment designs comply with industry standards, foreign or domestic.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5 or more years of work experience in control systems.
- Experience with drilling equipment and drilling applications preferred.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE & IEC standards along with ABS & DNV rules.
- Experience with hazardous area ratings for electrical equipment: ATEX, IECEx, UL, FM, and CSA for offshore drilling installations.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with PLC and HMI applications preferred.
- Domestic and International travel may be required on occasion 5%