Elastomer Press Helper
Katy, TX 77494
Shift is 4pm-12am with training on first shift from 6am-2pm
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW THIS THURSDAY 8/28/19. THIS IS THE ONLY DAY INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD.
- Prepare metal inserts by sandblasting, taping and applying adhesive
- Trim finished rubber parts
- Operate molding presses and rubber mill under supervision of Cure Press Operator or Production Supervisor
- Maintenance of equipment and raw materials requirements as established on the Production Order
- Will be required to adhere to and comply with state and federal law, the company’ s policies and safety and environmental regulations, and, the quality program requirements of API Q1 and ISO 9001: 2000 as described in the company’ s quality program manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Min 1 year work experiences in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Capable of performing the following essential physical demands: Must be able to traverse ladders, stairs, gangways and scaffolding at varying heights
- Must have excellent balance to traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces at varying heights Must be able to operate motor vehicles with valid driver’ s license
- Must be able to handle and operate hand tools weighing up to 25 pounds and a pinch or trigger grip of 15 pounds
- Depth perception Color vision/perception Hearing of sounds and speech within normal frequency/range
- Climb up and down 6” ladder
- Must be able to handle materials with hands (bolts, nuts and hand tools)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds from floor to 60”
- Must be able to perform single-handed carry up to 35 pounds
- Must be able to perform two-handed carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to generate 50 pounds of force in order to perform a dynamic push or pull Complexity of Tasks: Ability to follow directions working from verbal instructions, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comply with the facility’ s production, quality and safety standards.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative, with the ability to be promptly and regularly at work.
- Ability to work fluctuating work schedules and extensive work hours required by workloads.
- Capable of performing a variety of manual assignments/tasks as defined by the critical demands of the job.