EPC Compliance & Claim Management
Tempe, AZ 85282
Basic Job Functions
· Assists with maintenance of forms contract management, including third-party EPC downstream contracts, third-party EPC downstream subcontracts, internal EPC contracts, internal EPC-M contracts, long-term supply agreements, master supply agreements, purchase agreements, and all related documents (such as term sheets and playbooks), including revising for lessons learned and market changes. Assists with EPC upstream contracts, as needed.
· Assists in managing executed contracts and contract documents for quick access by the project and legal teams (as needed, includes all contract exhibits and formal correspondence with third-party owners).
· Serves as support point of contact with outside counsel (as needed); coordinates internal meetings and contacts as needed for dispute resolution and other purposes.
· Responsible for assisting Manager in drafting and/or reviewing formal notices or requested legal correspondence for EPC downstream subcontracts, upstream contracts (as needed), suppliers or consultants.
· Exercises good judgment in providing contract interpretations, contractual advice and guidance to the internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
· Maintains up and down communication channels within to provide timely insight to emerging issues and a mechanism for proactive management.
· Demonstrates expert project management skills in leading cross functional teams, including both internal and external stakeholders.
· Assists Manager and the legal team with preparation of risk management materials for each new EPC project.
· Effectively communicates with senior executives both internally and externally.
· Works closely with Manager and the project and legal teams to manage claims/disputes between and its subcontractors, owners or suppliers, including fact gathering, document location/review, and analysis.
· Assists Manager and the legal team with dispute resolution, as needed (including mediation, litigation and arbitration as applicable).
· Assists Manager in drafting and implementing litigation hold letters for disputes and assists in coordinating collection of documents internally (including emails).
· Assists Manager in maintaining current EPC Contractor licenses and obtaining EPC Contractor licenses in new states which EPC will be performing services, including conducting research on EPC Contractor licensing requirements
· Assists Manager with EPC Subcontracts GDPR and retention policy compliance.
· Performs legal and compliance tasks as assigned by Manager to support EPC projects (as needed to support EPC).
· Performs subcontracting tasks as assigned to support EPC projects (as needed to support EPC).
· Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental issues.
· Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university in Business or related field required
· J.D. Preferred
· 1-5 years experience working with contracts (drafting, negotiating, and managing contracts)
· Track record in successful negotiations
· Sound knowledge of legal terms and provisions in EPC, service, procurement, and consultant contracts, as well as proficiency in drafting and reviewing contracts.
· Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple activities with a short turn-around time
· Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex issues.
· Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to analyze and present relevant information and solutions to all levels of organization
· Ability to work closely with the internal stakeholders to resolve subcontractor related issues as they arise, to mitigate overall project impacts, and as needed owner related issues.
· Ability to influence diverse group of people to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
· Understands and demonstrates advanced project management skills.
· Able to complete assigned tasks accurately and on time with minimal supervision
· Frequently interacts with senior management, functional peers and function peer group managers.
· Able to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations concerning specific projects and objectives.
· Interactions (including negotiations) with senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
· Works on issues of diverse scope and increased complexity where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends and contractual provisions.
· Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
· Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
Physical Requirements: All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.