EPC - IT On-site Technician
Rosamond, CA 93560
Basic Job Functions:
The EPC IT Project Technical Leads will facilitate the implementation and the assistance to support all infrastructure technologies required at the construction project sites.
• 3 years in I.T. REQUIRED.
• Construction industry experience preferred.
• Must have significant breadth of technology experience.
• End to end solution understanding and subsequent design, implementation and support.
• End user desk side customer support role (service desk or help desk).
• Experience in deploying workstations, laptops, multifunction laser printers, scanners and other technical office equipment.
• Familiar and experienced in Various Local Area Network technologies.
• Familiar and experienced in Various Wide Area Network technologies.
• Familiar and experienced in Various Workstation and Laptop technologies.
• Familiar and experienced in Various Telephony technologies.
• Familiar and experienced in Active Directory, DNS, MCP, WINs, TCP/IP and associated technologies.
• Familiar with copper cabling technologies for CAT5/CAT6, cable punch-downs, installation of racks/cabinets, and racking servers and networking equipment.
• Familiar with fiber cabling technologies including LC, SC, ST, multi-mode and single-mode fiber.
• Demonstrated ability to follow enterprise standards.
• Familiar and experienced in matrix managed organizations.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities.
• Associate’ s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience; degree holder preferred.
• Certifications a plus.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills that include listening, verbal and written skills. Communication skills must include the ability to communicate with clients and develop appropriate documentation.
• The ability to assist with the delivery of complex technical projects within a tight schedule.
• Must be able to prioritize and organize workload with limited supervision.
• Must be able to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time with frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively apply customer service skills and techniques. This includes being responsive to customers, maintaining professionalism, (especially in stressful circumstances) and following through with customers to ensure needs are met.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holiday as required.
• Critical thinking skills a must:
Watch, Listen, and Communicate – If there are questions or if changes to design (knowledge of design) are going to occur, need to escalate to appropriate parties before issue and rework occurs.
• Creative problem solving with focus on standardization.
• Ability to interface with multiple customers (Site Owners, Vendors, Contractors, and Sub-contractors) for requirements collection.
• Ability to quickly adapt solution(s) based on changes to requirements.
• Attention to detail.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Read, comprehend, create and update documentation and diagrams for use by various team members within MIS IT.
• Use logical approach to troubleshooting and problem mitigation.
• Foster and maintain good business relationships with executives, management and inter/infra departmental teams.
• Foster a sense of team within Global MIS department and Construction site.
• Aid in develop solutions according to enterprise technology standards including hardware, software, infrastructure components and that leverage investment.
• Adheres to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
• Support end users and office equipment such as printers, plotter, fax machines, copiers and any other additional IT office equipment.
• Install racks, UPS systems, power strips, servers, networking equipment and provide interconnects.
• Supervise the installation of grounding, copper and fiber cabling infrastructure on site.
· Read and comprehend Project Plan and know what future stage and tasks that need to be completed. Communicate verbally and written reports with PM on tasks completed within Project Plan.
· Receive, store, and organize IT equipment. Maintain inventory of equipment onsite.
· Know critical tasks/path taking place on site and be able to prioritize.
• Perform other assignments as needed.
• Travel will be required up to 90% - Southeast Region.