Document Controls Specialist
Richland, WA 99354
In this role you will perform a variety of clerical duties for data entry of document information into an electronic document management system. May include a variety of records management/clerical duties. Adjusts priorities according to direction. Responsibilities entail use of judgement and initiative within guidelines of well-defined scope; independently follows procedures; works under general supervision. May have access to confidential data. Contributes and adheres to company and department policies and objectives. Strives to maintain companys “ Zero Accident” philosophy through personal safe behavior/work practices and by being aware of surroundings and activities that may be potential safety hazards and takes steps to correct or minimize the hazards.
• Process numerous documents, maintaining data integrity through a variety of procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines.
• Adjust priorities according to direction.
• Perform data entry into an electronic document management system (EDMS).
• Perform a variety of records management clerical duties of either a general or specialized nature.
• Produce reports using standard office automation tools such as MS Excel and Word.
• Assign document numbers and enter related pertinent information into the EDMS as required.
• Maintain filing system and record copies of project documents as directed by supervisor.
• Interface on a routine basis with a variety of project personnel providing support/responding to questions.
• Perform other administrative activities/assignments as directed by supervisor.
• Operate standard office equipment, including automation tools.
• Perform data entry to produce and maintain logs, transmittals, and track documentation as required.
• Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages; prepare and process records for scanning and/or archiving.
• Scan documents.
• Maintain proper document configuration management in support of engineering and construction.
• Perform quality control of scanned images and data entry.
• Provide general and technical support to project personnel in the use of InfoWorks and other software used by Document Control.
• Ability to work overtime and/or hours outside of the normal work period.
• Ability to work with confidential material and maintain strict confidence.
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related document control/clerical experience.
• Demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency in data entry, inventory databases and office filing.
• Ability to clear a drug screen and background check.
• Must have the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Ability to consistently lift/move 10 lbs. Of record material.
• Knowledge of an alpha/numeric filing system and common office procedures.
• Familiarity with scanning process and equipment.
• Experience with an EDMS.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Effective verbal and written communication, collaboration, problem solving skills, and strong organizational skills.
• Thorough knowledge of computer applications. Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to type accurately; ability to format properly.
• Willing to perform repetitive data entry and/or filing.
• Experience in document control and records filing processes.
• Ability to take direction from multiple sources.
• Ability to handle routine items independently.
• Ability to use reasoning and initiative, work independently, and provide solutions with minimal supervision.
• Experience with EDMS with strong configuration management functionality.
• Knowledge of electronic file transfer.
• Knowledge of extracting reports and performing queries.
• Willing to learn new processes, procedures, and software.
• Possess a high degree of individual initiative, flexibility, diplomacy, and accuracy.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with a variety of team members.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and easily adjust to shifting priorities.
• Previous document control experience in an engineering and construction work environment.
• Operation of company standard computerized systems and other information transmission systems.