Job Number: 28904
- Schedule: 6: 30am - 5: 00pm (with some flexibility with start and end time)
- 4 day work week (Mon-Thurs, 10 hours per day)
Review and Interview process:
- The turn-around time for initial review and feedback for this position is 24-36-hours. Please be sure to share this with your candidate and I will update accordingly
- Interview Process
- 1st Round: Microsoft Teams or Phone interview with Engineering Manager (Duration: 30-min.)
- 2nd Round: Facility Tour & Onsite interview with Hiring Team (Duration: 1-2 hours)
- The Hubbell Automation Solutions (HAS) department creates cutting edge, custom automation for Hubbell facilities. The Facilities Assistant is primarily responsible for all shipping & receiving, documentation, vendor liaison, ordering & authorizing payments, and admin functions to support Automation build efforts on-site. Maintaining a clean and organized environment to promote high productivity and safety for the HAS team.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive and open all incoming shipments, locate and document incoming materials on project Bills of Materials and organize received materials in proper project staging bins.
- File Packing Lists, sign-off received materials on Purchase Orders, and finalize orders with vendors
- Ship components with proper documentation as required
- Procure and/or rent equipment for shop operations as required
- Organize and document received materials and components for Automation Technicians to assemble
- Clean and organize shop spaces, resolve safety hazards
- Check and replenish stock levels of raw materials, hardware, fittings, etc.
- Office work as assigned by the Office Manager and Production Supervisor
Time spent performing these duties will fluctuate based on business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Strong organizational skills required.
- Documentation: Ability to work with Microsoft Word docs, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Valid Driver’ s License required.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Close & distance vision (ability to focus), color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception required
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, mobility
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to distinguish and identify different components/part colors
- Assist-Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently
- Strong communication skills to professionally interface with internal and external personnel (engineering, machinist, mechanics, management)
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills
- Humble teamwork & collaboration – Team player
- Self-driven to support production personnel to meet project schedules
- Experience with SAP and/or Smartsheets is a plus.