Developer II - GIS
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Basic Job Functions:
Provides technical design, configuration, and custom software development. Area of focus is the GIS platform, and custom applications that are built on or integrated with platform including PlantDesign, PlantPredict, Module Box Scanning, and Line to Field.
Works collaboratively with other team members to deliver development and custom software solutions targeted on the GIS and related platforms. Provides recommendations and continuous improvement for best practices for software development in related areas.
Performs as a Scrum Master in an Agile Team, and/or Developer role on key product areas as assigned.
Experience and Education:
• Master’ s degree in Information Technology with one year of related work experience; OR
• Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology with two years of related work experience; OR
• Associate’ s degree in Information Technology with six years of related work experience; OR
• High School Diploma or GED with eight years equivalent external work experience or eight years of First Solar IT experience
• 3+ years in overall software development on a GIS platform
• 3+ years developing custom applications on a GIS platform required
• 1+ years experience with CAD Design (AutoCAD, Civil3D/Map3D, Fusion 360, or other)
• Ability to work with Autodesk products and other related applications
• Experience automating AutoCAD/C3D preferred using Autodesk ARX.Net API
• Experience with ThreeJS, WebGL, and 3D visualization programming preferred
• 3+ years experience with .Net (C#, ASP, MVC, WebAPI)
• 1+ years experience working with Agile Scrum required. Certification as a Scrum Master preferred.
• 3+ years experience designing and developing with SQL Spatial technologies
• 3+ years experience working in a development role within a formal IT department with medium-to-large size companies with a focus on enterprise level software development, working with multiple software development platforms and using application programming interfaces (APIs).
• 3+ years of experience working with mature development practices (SDLC, Agile Scrum, CMM-lv3, RUP, etc.)
• 3+ years experience working to develop, deploy, and promote code across separate environments: development, testing, and production
• 3+ years experience using source control for check ins, merging, versioning, and branching required (TFS, Visual Studio Team Services, Github or similar).
• Experience building PaaS solutions (Azure, AWS) preferred
• 2+ years of experience working with other technical and non-technical resources in a collaborative, team format.
• Demonstrated understanding of fundamental technologies in a Microsoft environment: operating systems, networking, middleware, security, databases, etc.
• Demonstrated history of maintaining up-to-date technology skills in both upcoming and current, production-orientated technologies.
• Perform both GIS application development and system administration functions
• Develop and support new enterprise GIS solutions and enhancements to existing software applications
• Perform complex GIS analyses with a variety of data formats including ArcSDE, Shape Files, Personal and File Geodatabase, Third Party data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, Excel, Access, etc.), images
• Support conversions of 2D and 3D CAD to GIS model and providing technical support to local Engineering team for CAD\GIS systems and related software and databases
• Participate as a Scrum Master on key product/project areas identified.
• Troubleshoot and develop software solutions based on multi-tiered architecture using Windows Azure PaaS platform, C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL, designing data structures, and using/configuring SQL Server databases.
• Works with a global team of architects and developers to contribute to solutions and help estimate work effort based on collaborative user requirements design (including story cards, business requirements, etc).