Desk Side Support Staff
Houston, TX 77027 US
The Desk Side Support Technician will support local IS&T infrastructure and services including hardware, software and operating system, video conferencing, network troubleshooting, printing infrastructure to support internal customers.
• Responsible for servicing incident and request tasks for deployed infrastructure services to end-users including moves, adds and changes. Technical expertise will also include training, problem resolution, hardware, software, and operating system upgrades for end user computing devices (PCs as well as mobile devices)
• Follows the established technology standards, policies and support processes.
• Helps establish and monitor metrics on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for providing end-user support for collaboration technologies including video conferencing, Smart displays like Surface Hubs, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams,
• Supports Local Area Network and Wireless Network, etc.
• Supports end user requirement associated with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, print and file services (including Follow Me Print).
• Manages and maintains local assets and configuration items in ServiceNow.
• Perform moves, adds and changes.
• Participate in special projects, as assigned.
• Travel to offices/ job sites for short term project support
• Provides proactive and timely support to executives and VIPs
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR 7 years of related IT experience (in lieu of degree).
• 1+ years of experience providing end-user IT support with a proven ability to setup and support hardware, peripheral devices, software, video conferencing, and operating systems.
• 1+ years of experience with incident and request management system like ServiceNow.
• 1+ years of experience supporting executives and VIPs.
• Experience with identification, evaluation, prioritization of, and resolution for, hardware and software incidents and requests.
• Communicate effectively with Customers, other departments within the organization and function within a local and distributed team environment.
• Work within a local team environment, as well as the extended Corporate IS&T staff
• Understanding of basic networking technologies and principles.
• Must have the ability to work in a demanding environment, managing multiple priorities.
• Ability to identify, plan, install and support off-site meetings and conferences, as needed.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• A+ certification preferred