Brookshire, TX 77423 US
Job Summary: The primary role of the Applications Engineer is to design equipment to meet Customer’s needs and specifications. This position will review the Customer specifications and related documentation and compare it to Company standards, using this comparison to provide an effective solution for the Customer. The Application Engineer will also assist the Estimating and Purchasing groups in preparing detailed breakdowns of equipment costs. This position will, from time to time, assist the Business Development and Sales departments with customer visits to discuss topics including Company product offerings, and solutions to Customer concerns. The Application Engineer may also perform site visits to evaluate Customer needs or issues or to assist in Company product installation.
- Applies knowledge of design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and material in pressure vessel and structural steel fabrication.
- Select required equipment/products that are best suited for the customer’s needs and application.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of product design and performs drawing review and approval.
- Review customer specifications to ensure all aspects can be met or provide alternate options or exceptions as warranted.
- Conduct ASME code calculations using Compress for pressure vessels to verify whether the design layout meets ASME Section VIII, Div. I requirements.
- Review and approve application, design, drawings, and calculations for Company structural equipment including noise abatement, mist elimination, gas deodorization, and emission control.
- Review Customer specifications on structural equipment offerings to verify Regulatory requirements are met.
- Use engineering knowledge to modify product designs to improve performance or meet specific projects constraints.
- Assist in new product design and R&D efforts by using engineering knowledge and skills.
- Communicate with customers through the Project Manager to ensure proper product selection and design.
- Provide technical support to Sales team and Customers.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering from an accredited University is required.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing requirements and fabrication planning.
- Familiarity with industry standard fabrication equipment and practices.
- Familiarity of manufacturing requirements and fabrication planning.
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, and productivity in a fast-paced manufacturing facility.
- Effective interpersonal communication, team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
- Strong team building.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Attention to detail and managing of multiple projects.
- Able to uphold Designs Core Values.
Physical Requirements and other items to communicate:
The ability to lift up to 50lbs. Work in a high pace manufacturing environment, has the ability to multitask by sharing workspace with interruptions from others. Some travel may be required. From time to time, overtime will be required in order to meet deadlines.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales
Dan is an experienced Vice President of Sales with a demonstrated history of working in the staffing and recruiting industry. His top areas are in Petroleum, Executive Search, Technical Recruiting, Staffing Services, and College Recruiting. His background is as a strong sales professional. Dan has worked for NESC Staffing since 1992.
He also served 4 years in the United States Air Force as an Aircraft Mechanic, and was honorably discharged Sgt. 1981
He’s been married for 25 years and has one son attending college. Outside of work, he loves the outdoors and spending time with family and friends.