Houston, TX 77042
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy. - Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
- Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required.
- 3+ years experience as a Data Modeler/Data Architect.
- Must be an expert in using building data models with Erwin.
- Experience in meta data management and data integration engines such as Biztalk or Informatica is a plus.
- Experience in supporting as well as implementing Oracle and SQL data infrastructures.
- Knowledge of the entire process behind software development including design and deployment (SOA knowledge and experience is a bonus).
- Expert analytical and problem-solving traits.
- Knowledge of the design, development and maintenance of various data models and their components.
- Understand BI tools and technologies as well as the optimization of underlying databases.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science.