Portsmouth, NH 03801 US
We are seeking a Credit Specialist to work within our broader risk management roles. This position will report to the Credit Manager and will be responsible for assisting with establishing credit limits for new customers and monitoring the credit limits for existing customers while remaining within our credit guidelines and company credit policy. The Credit Specialist will also be responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships with our clients as this position will be a primary point of contact for credit. This position will include both credit-related and administrative duties.
This position is located in our Portsmouth, NH office and hours can be flexible (24-40 hours per week within core business hours of 8: 30am-5: 00pm).
If you are energetic, resourceful and accustomed to working in a fast paced, high energy, high volume environment, this may be your perfect opportunity.
· Serve as a primary point of contact for our clients by providing exceptional customer service through professional, courteous and timely communication
· Correspond with clients regarding customer credit and ensure compliance with company credit policy, also responds to client inquiries as necessary
· Receive and process new credit requests by reviewing applications for completeness and verifying information/documentation provided, also enters credit requests and notes into internal systems for tracking
· Utilize various credit tools such as Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) to request credit reports, also utilize other various sources to perform additional research as needed
· Assist the Credit Manager with monitoring credit limits for existing customers by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account history and trend information
· Maintain internal systems by entering and updating customer records for credit limits
· Establish and maintain positive interactions with internal departments such Collections, Payroll, and Billing to resolve client and customer disputes in a timely manner
· Assist the Credit Manager with monitoring accounts in post-petition bankruptcy portfolio by reviewing bankruptcy tracker report and maintaining up to date records of accounts identified as watch/risk accounts
· Assist in various projects and other duties as assigned
· Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office required (Outlook & Excel). Interview will include competency test focused on demonstrating functions within Excel
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Solid understanding of credit analysis practices and procedures
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact when interacting with external clients and internal team members
Meet Your Recruiter
National Recruiting Manager
Lary started here in 2007 as a technical recruiter. His previous experience was 23 years as an Operations Manager at UPS. In 2009 he moved into Account Sales and Account Management. In 2012, Lary became the National Recruiting Manager.
Lary has a wife and two adult children. When not working, he’s following sports, reading, antiquing and restoring antiques.