Core (Machine) Operator
Houston TX, TX 77041 US
Produces cores of all sizes according to schedule that meet quality standards.
- Stamp date code on each core.
- Check the length within the first 10 pieces.
- Change wire if needed with right size of wire according to company procedure.
- Tape the end of every core to cover the end of wire.
- Make and tape tags with accurate number of pieces on each box of cores.
- Complete the machine and daily production reports accurately.
- Crush a 25 foot piece of core to approximately a 1 foot with both hands.
- Housekeeping and machine maintenance.
Other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Works under direct supervision and follows written/verbal instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, refers complex issues to others.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the relative urgency of tasks and responds accordingly.
Knowledge and Skills
· Must have good basic math skills.
· Must have legible handwriting.
· Mechanical inclination is preferred.
· Able to communicate with supervisor both verbally and written is required.
Ability to stand on his/her feet for and extended period of time.
High School Diploma preferred but not mandatory.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Very fast paced machine operating
Regularly standing, bending and/or kneedling to troubleshoot machine