Commissioning Engineer 2 DCIS
Carlstadt, NJ 07072
Please take note of the following updates for this req:
This is an LNG facility looking for a DCS engineer for an Allen-Bradley system.
Per Diem will be provided at $146 seven days a week.
- Bachelor's of Engineering preferred
- 3+ years of relevant startup experience preferred
- Preferred Skills: . Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and startup guidelines . Division Policies . Supervisory Skills . Communications Skills . Planning Skills . Multi-tasking Skills . Problem Solving Skills . Computer Skills . Knowledge of discipline technical principles related to power plants . Knowledge of tools, equipment, and instruments used in performance of job duties . Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools.
- Job Summary
Verification that plant equipment is in compliance with project contract and specification requirements, conforms to design operational feasibility, and is set up and tested per the supplier's requirements, within the engineer's discipline capacity.
- . Assists in the development of startup packages as required
- Tracks and controls all documentation required for proper maintenance of the startup packages . Participates in the preparation and maintenance of a detailed startup schedule . Proactively plans for startup activities and major milestones (such as major equipment, chemical cleaning, steamblow, or demonstration and performance testing) . Manages construction completion, turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the client . Assists in the development of clear startup procedures as required to satisfy the contract and/or coordinate the startup effort . Assists in the advanced planning and preparation for startup activities and major milestones . Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the control of; spares, consumables, outstanding work and deficiencies lists, etc . Executes the startup effort ensuring compliance with the associated specifications and contracts and ultimately resulting in an efficient and timely turnover to the client . Completes thorough system walk downs/reviews to establish the completion status of systems and identify outstanding items to be completed . Responsible lead for plant equipment and systems within discipline capacity
- The primary point-of-contact for all system functions through startup and operation of the plant
- Activities include but are not limited to: . Verifying systems are installed per design . Confirming design operational feasibility . Recording as built engineering changes on drawings . Ensuring proper setup and testing of equipment as per supplier requirements . Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities . Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements . Individual contributor with no subordinates