Richland, WA 99352
Position Responsibilities :
• Support of field engineering activities for ongoing construction work .
• Support resolution of constructio n problems identified to Engineering (via meetings, correspondence, field changes,
NCRs, and CDRs) relating to the CS&A discipline .
• Originate or check Civil/Structural engineering dispositions based on review of engineering deliverables such as steel
and concrete calculations, Finite Element Analysis of structures, and specifications.
• Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
• Schedule and monitor work activities and manage specifically assigned project activities.
• Assist in constructability reviews.
• B.S. In Structural/Civil engineering from an accredited university with one year related professional experience for a grade 23 and three years for a grade 24.
Minimum Qualifications :
• Work experience should be directly related to the detailed design of steel and concrete structures.
• Thorough knowledge and application of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, and ASCE 7.
• Ability to utilize office automation tools effectively . Knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings,
specifications, and material requisitions and of construction methods for concrete and steel structures.
• Familiar with work processes of other disciplines and departments on projects.
• Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
• Ability to resolve design issues with subordinates, suppliers, other engineering disciplines, construction, and the
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
• Must have the right to work and remain in the US wit hout sponsorship.
• Must be able to obtain a Dept. Of Energy badge for Hanford Site access.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Knowledge of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 4-98, ASCE 7, and UBC codes .
• Previous structural design experience on other DOE Nuclear Projects .
• Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence.
• Planning and organizational skills are essential. Excellent listening, oral, and written communication abilities.
Passed the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam.