CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING SPECIALIST 23-24
Richland, WA 99352
• Develops, reviews and coordinates documents with suppliers, other disciplines and customers.
• Coordinates technical issues with Senior engineers.
• Proficient with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications and calculations.
• Knowledgeable of major regulations and industry codes and standards applicable to Instrumentation and Controls.
Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements in the preparation of Control Systems design products.
• Responsible for activities such as marking up Piping & Instrument Diagrams and Logic Diagrams for control and instrumentation requirements, developing instrument data sheets, and supporting generation of Material Requisitions.
• Contributes to maintaining the project's instrument database using automated tools and has knowledge of the applicability of information to be populated in the instrument database.
• Promotes continuous work process improvement. The Engineer shall champion non-proprietary electronic data interchange and integrate automation technology where ever practical.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
• BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer or Electro-Mech engineering with one year of related experience or in lieu of degree a minimum of seven years related experience.
• Familiar with design of nuclear facilities.
• Familiar with design of Safety Instrumented Systems and on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs.
• Candidate has excellent written and oral communication abilities along with effective presentation skills.
• Must have one year of experience in Control Systems Engineering developing documentation for Final Design.
• Possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
• Experience implementing DOE Std. 1195 and ISA S84.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.