CNC Operator III- 3rd Shift
EXETER, NH 03833 US
CNC Operators Leve 3 - 3rd shift can be Level II person
Experience with 2, 3 and 4 axis machines is preferred, as well as both mill and lathe experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quality requirements.
* Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
* Able to demonstrate good manufacturing practices.
* Machines parts by utilizing CNC machines to perform various machine functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces
* Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by complying with organization standards and legal regulations
* Must be able to respond professionally to process improvements.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
* Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items, utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and machines.
* Move materials and maintain work area
* Responsible for visual and physical quality of the parts being loaded and unloaded.
* Have the ability to identify and replace any broken or worn tools and make tool offsets.
* Be able to do setups of previously proven jobs with little instruction.
* Examination of surfaces in order to find defects.
* Removal of defects and smoothing of uneven surfaces.
* Ensures 100% on-time delivery by meeting established cycle times; making recommendations to decrease setup and cycle times
* Ensures quality, assists in reducing costs and continuously improves productivity by accurately tracking job time through bar coding or other means.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School Diploma or G.E.D
* Prior experience with CNC Machining Centers in a mass production environment is a plus.
* Previous CNC experience is required for this position and candidates must have previous experience in a machine shop environment.
* CNC machining, calipers and micrometers, blueprint reading, production machining, vertical mills, CNC/mill/lathe experience.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Proficient in shop mathematics in order to; calculate tool offsets, home positions, and verify print dimensions. Has basic understanding of geometry and trigonometry.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi task, and adapt quickly to change.
* Ability to work with a High Attention to detail
* Ability to work safely in a variety of situations, follow rules and established processes
* Works well in a team environment. Good communication skills.
* Know how to read and understand complex engineering drawings.
* Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges to check parts according to drawings.
* A good attitude along with a desire to work in a team environment
* Willingness to grow and learn in an ever evolving industry
* High School Diploma or Equivalent, Trade school a plus
* Experience and ability with measuring tools, calipers, micrometers
* Basic computer and math skills required
* Some experience in reading drawings is helpful
* Knowledge of machine shop equipment and practice, specifically those involving metal cutting
* Able to lift up to 40 pounds
* Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.