Houston, TX 77041
Night Shift 3: 30 - 2am but can vary. Must be able to work some weekends.
Use blue print, bills of material, shop orders, or sample parts to machine parts by determining dimensions and tolerances of finished pieces, operation sequences, and setup requirements.
- Measure, mark, describe dimensions, and references points on work pieces as well as select align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, turning, grinding attachments, accessories, and materials on laser.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate cutting, and turning factors, such as feed, speeds, and part clearances, and to enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit machine tool programs.
- Start and observe machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerances conditions, and adjust machine controls or media as required.
- Machine parts and components within the specified tolerances, with limited rework/scrap, and in time with production standards.
- Perform in-process inspections to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications, and quality standards.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Perform other work related task as assigned.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Experience setting up and operating mid-size machining centers.
- Experience with Fanuc an Mazak Controls.
- Requires basic knowledge of machine tooling.
- Ability to edit machine tool programs.
- Should be fully experienced in machining processes.
- Experienced in the operations of overhead bridge cranes.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- 7 to 10 years experience in machining critical parts.