CNC Machinist (Night)
Houston, TX 77041
Hours: Typically 3: 30PM - 2AM, but may vary. Saturday and Sunday are sometimes mandatory depending on work needs.
- Use blue print, bills of material, shop orders, or sample parts to machine parts by determining dimensions and tolerances of finished pieces, operation sequences, and setup requirements.
- Measure, mark, describe dimensions, and references points on work pieces as well as select align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, turning, grinding attachments, accessories, and materials on laser.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate cutting, and turning factors, such as feed, speeds, and part clearances, and to enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit machine tool programs.
- Start and observe machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerances conditions, and adjust machine controls or media as required.
- Machine parts and components within the specified tolerances, with limited rework/scrap, and in time with production standards.
- Perform in-process inspections to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications, and quality standards.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Perform other work related task as assigned.
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Must have 7-10 years of experience
- We are looking for candidates for both horizontal boring mill (HBM) experience, as well as machinists that can run VTLs and VTCs along with a midsize mill
- Experience with Fanuc an Mazak Controls - G&L 850 Controls
- Experienced in the operations of overhead bridge cranes
- Basic knowledge of machine tooling
- Ability to edit machine tool programs
- Should be fully experience in machining processes.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
High School Diploma or GED
THE ABOVE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS MUST SHOW IN YOUR CANDIDATE RESUMES IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED