CNC Machine Operator
Greenville, TX 75401
Shift: 1st shift from 6: 15 AM to 4: 45 PM Monday through Friday. Must be available to work OT and/or weekends.
Operate CNC lathe or mill used to machine equipment and components per drawings and prints issued by engineering with general supervision.
Perform basic operational function of at least one type of CNC lathe or one type of mill (Mazatrol or G code type)
• Maintain acceptable reject and scrap rates, as well as production rates.
• Ability to identify and correct problems with assistance.
• Mount, align, and secure chuck jaws and workpiece on machine.
• Regulate and monitor factors, such as coolant flow, insert wear and tool offsets.
• Start machine and monitor displays and machine operations to detect malfunctions.
• Stop machine to change cutting tips and adjust offsets accordingly. Set or reset machine to required machining sequence to machine parts in tolerance to print.
• Measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments, under supervision.
• Maintain proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition.
• Keep the machine area clean and orderly at all times.
• Responsible for recording all labor hours with time system accurately.
• Awareness of production scheduling and shop floor controls used by company.
• Handle machine finished items in a careful manner to prevent damage, maintain a neat and orderly work area, and function in a safe and reliable manner to prevent personal injury and/or property damage.
• Responsible for cleaning machine and area prior to leaving each day.
• Capable of learning and moving to the next highest level.
• Know and understand the company's Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Work Place Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements and company policies
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of various types of tool holders, tools, boring bars, and inserts used on the CNC machines.
• Ability and desire to be at work on time and learn new skills.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Attendance in compliance with company guidelines.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical problems.
• Ability to use micrometers and standard measuring skills.
• Ability to follow oral instructions.
• Work well with others in a team environment.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, work orders, etc.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and / or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.