CNC Machine Operator
Colorado Springs, CO 80939
To operate automatic turning equipment to its maximum and produce parts which are in tolerance of all prints. Generally run parts which are of more critical nature. To assist programmer and to set up and fully maintain turning equipment. Generally can run 1 or more different types N.C. Equipment with different controller. May be required to run 2 at the same time.
- Must be able to load and download programs, select proper tooling and grades.
- Must tool up machine, incorporate fixtures and/or jigs for special jobs.
- Proof out programs and make necessary corrections.
- Work with programmer at machine to correct and problems or changes for maximum efficiency.
- Make corrections on feeds and speeds for maximum efficiency.
- Change tooling inserts and drills as needed and make necessary offset adjustments as needed.
- Alter programs as needed with approval of Programmer / Coordinator.
- Work with programmer to improve parts.
- Capable of doing all math including basic shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Review shop order packet for procedural instructions
- Get all G-50s, set up machine. Tool up machine, load and download programs. Perform setups.
- Must run machine unsupervised.
- Must run all parts which are of tight tolerance, generally these pars have a tolerance of + .002 and in some cases + .0005.
- Must be able to run more than one piece of equipment, as production requires.
- Operate machines to the dimension and tolerance of the engineering drawing specifications.
- Operate one or more pieces of automatic turning equipment, manual lathe work, CNC workcenter or manual workcenter unassisted and with high efficiency
- Check dimensions of parts and holds tolerance per print
- Use most types of inspection gauges.
- Perform in-process inspection of parts during batch runs and collect all times for accurate costing.
- Perform all preventive and maintenance as well as troubleshoot problems, mechanical and minor electrical with the assistance of an electrician.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment through neat housekeeping.
- Must carry out work assignments to the highest quality level.
- Systems Manual, Quality Procedures Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
*Forklift experience a plus*
At least 2 years experience on the following machines:
- Mori Seiki lathe NLX2500
- Mazak QTN350MY
- Mori Seiki Milling MV55
- Mazak Dual Turn 20
- Mazak Multiplex 430
- Mazak 550/2000
Precision Grinding Machines:
- Bryant (ID Grinder)
- Shigaya (OD Grinder)
- Okamoto (Surface Grinder)
- Sunnen (Hone)