Nashua, NH 03062 US
This position is responsible for generating design proposals and providing value-added design solutions for new programs, to possess a complete understanding of the company along with an understanding of product lines and capabilities as well as provide technical support to field sales and intra-company personnel. The performance will be measured by timely response and innovation of design proposals and accuracy of cost estimates.
- Provide PCB level design for manufacturing assistance to the customer, supporting DFM/Builds as required under a manufacturing license agreement
- This position will be based out of the United States, reporting to the Sales Director.
- Teamed with the UK Engineering and Customer Service Team to provide customer satisfaction in using our products and services.
- Promote technical & production capabilities to current and new Amphenol customers.
- Review customer specifications.
- Provides information and guidance to the customer to assure that the correct products are chosen, properly specified, and correctly applied.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and the factory(s) in matters related to product quality, proposed design changes, manufacturing issues, and cost improvement initiatives.
- Present technical product presentations and demonstrations in promoting interconnect and PCB’s.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 5-7 years of Application Design experience.
- Previous PCB experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;PCB Software including Gerber viewer and CAD.
- Knowledge of cost and selling price.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Must be detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and possesses a strong sense of persistence.
- Experience with Rigid, flexible circuits and assemblies.
- Knowledge in PCB assembly.
- Knowledgeable in the Mil/Aero market.
- Experience with interconnection technology.