Berwick Maine, ME 03906
Overview: The Application Engineer is responsible for leading the design development of custom telescopic platform seating solutions to satisfy the multi-use needs of gymnasiums, sports arenas, convention centers and other seating venues.
· Successful completion of assigned projects. Success is defined as meeting or exceeding specified product requirements at or below quoted costs, completion on schedule and maintaining customer satisfaction.
· Lead mechanical engineering and drafting efforts for assigned projects, several concurrently.
· Develop and maintain engineering project plans, inclusive of critical project milestones in support of the project schedule. Measure work progress and manage projects to successful completion.
· Conceptualize, prototype, and test designs as required to satisfy structural, mechanical and customer specific design requirements.
· Develop drawings and bills of material required for material procurement and fabrication.
· Document installation instructions and provide technical support during installation.
· Responsible for reviewing and certifying that products are installed properly, operate as intended, and satisfy all product requirements of the contract.
· Support development of new business by working closely with the Sales team, reviewing product specifications and developing technical solutions and cost estimates.
· Through field experience build expertise of end customer configuration needs and product performance requirements. Apply this knowledge to develop creative seating solutions on future projects.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year ABET accredited college or university. Experience: 5 years engineering experience. Must be motivated towards obtaining a PE License.
· Proficiency with 3D parametric modeling software such as Inventor or Solidworks required.
· Design and manufacturing experience utilizing the following materials and manufacturing processes preferred: structural steel, plywood, sheet steel stamping and forming, welding.
· Mechanical aptitude – fasteners, machine design, hydraulics. Basic electrical knowledge – motors and controls.
· Proficient with stress strain calculations and structural analysis. Ability to produce professional, clearly presented calculation packages. Working knowledge of structural design specifications and building codes.
· Ability to develop project plans, measure work progress and manage projects to successful completion.
· Moderate travel required. Willingness to travel on short notice, both domestically and internationally.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills
· Strong customer focus
· Ability to excel in fast paced deadline-driven environment.
National Recruiting Manager
Lary started here in 2007 as a technical recruiter. His previous experience was 23 years as an Operations Manager at UPS. In 2009 he moved into Account Sales and Account Management. In 2012, Lary became the National Recruiting Manager.
Lary has a wife and two adult children. When not working, he’s following sports, reading, antiquing and restoring antiques.