Schriever, LA 70395
Under general supervision, performs any routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and coordinate all purchase orders, receiving reports, packing slips, and vendor invoices, resolving differences.
• Review documents for accuracy and prepare for accounts payable system.
• Input data into Acorde. Review Acorde error messages; assist in making the necessary corrections.
• Verify/reconcile voucher register against computer batch totals and resolve discrepancies.
• Process utility, freight, and miscellaneous expenses for payment.
• Provide data entry and other clerical support needed on a short term basis.
• Reconcile differences with purchase orders, receiving reports and vendor invoices.
• Investigate and resolve vendor/supplier concerns regarding accounts payable.
• Prepare accounts payable accrual for closing of each accounting month.
• Provide Switchboard relief as required.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Know and understand company's Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• General knowledge of accounting procedures
• Good very communication skills
• Strong math, typing, CRT or PC skills required
• Problem solving and diplomacy skills also necessary
• General clerical experience.
• Ability to effectively work with employees, supervisors, and vendors.
• Prior Accounting experience
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations