Accounting Clerk III
Houston, TX 77056
Under minimal supervision, handles a wide variety of advanced accounting work including account reconciliation. May produce financial and statistical reports/statements from subsidiary ledgers (payables and receivables). Verifies the accuracy of information (vouchers, purchase orders, invoices or payments). Maintenance and preparation of reports on complex budget or income and expenditure records. Exercises initiative in arranging details to obtain job objectives. May direct and check the work of other junior clerks. Handles special projects, as assigned. Performs various clerical duties (i.E. Make copies, file documents). Possesses familiarity/knowledge of accounting terminology and concepts, knowledge of manual and/or automated accounting systems, manual or automated filing systems, and skills using Oracle, JD Edward software, databases or other spreadsheets.
- Run reports in Legal Tracker as well as other project-specific reports and summaries
- Code invoice according to proper location and charge number
- Research problem invoices with proper department
- Process manual invoices for payment with proper approvals
- Prepare approved batches from Legal Tracker for payment processing
- Provide general administrative support when needed
- Ensure quality standards are maintained in any dealings with both internal and external customers
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level with confidentiality if applicable.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Needs to have advanced excel skills and be familiar with accounts payable, invoicing. Will be working on a team resolving issues with lawyers and paralegals. Someone flexible, meticulous, attention to detail.