A/R Collections Specialist
Portsmouth, NH 03801 US
Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
We are searching for a team player with an eye for detail to help us achieve our company financial goals within the Accounts Receivable Collections Department. We are NOT a collections agency. The successful candidate must thrive in a professional office environment. The Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist will work closely with an assigned client base, responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the intended client by inquiring about payment status, not demanding it.
The hopeful AR Collections Specialist will take pride in their work and provide the utmost customer service to our clients. Must also be proactive, have strong listening skills and efficiently work with other departments as needed (Cash, Billing, Accounting, Sales).
This full-time position is located in our Portsmouth, NH office with a M-F schedule of 8: 30am-5: 00pm and will report to the Accounts Receivable Collections Manager.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients and customers all the way up to C-Level executives in order to deliver exceptional customer service support
- Act on behalf of our clients when contacting customers for payment resolution. All calls/e-mails to be performed in a polite, professional and courteous manner
- Follow and implement Madison’s collections processes and procedures
- Reduce delinquency for assigned accounts and identify issues attributing to account delinquency
- Review current account status, get payment commitment and document all relevant information in internal account systems
- Responsible for customer reconciliations, processing credit memos, write-offs, refunds through profit, check requests and other documentation that may be necessary to resolve outstanding cash issues
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office required (Outlook & Excel).
- Interview will include competency test focused on demonstrating functions within Excel
- Must have excellent customer service skills & demonstrate professional etiquette
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Capability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and follow-up skills
- Collection experience preferred, but not required
- A positive “can-do”attitude, reliability and strong work ethic are required
Meet Your Recruiter
National Recruiting Manager
Lary started here in 2007 as a technical recruiter. His previous experience was 23 years as an Operations Manager at UPS. In 2009 he moved into Account Sales and Account Management. In 2012, Lary became the National Recruiting Manager.
Lary has a wife and two adult children. When not working, he’s following sports, reading, antiquing and restoring antiques.