2 Document Management Specialists,
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
This position uses established automation tools (InfoWorks, ADCAP, Adobe, ProjectLink, ProjectWise, Scanning Software, BRAVA, Captivate, SharePoint Portal, etc.) to provide a wide variety of document control and records management support services in accordance with established policies, procedures and NQA-1 programmatic guidance. Requires flexibility in work locations at UPF in Oak Ridge, TN as assignments may rotate between town and site locations.
The position requires attention to small details to ensure accuracy, completeness of documents/records, and correct revision is used. This position performs a variety of other tasks associated with document management activities and works closely with peers, technical leads, supervisor and customers.
Experience in managing and controlling documents and records is required, as well as a working knowledge of technical and non-technical documentation principles and standards. Experience in establishing and successfully managing paper-based and/or electronic records/controlled documents databases is required. This position requires good oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Position works closely and cooperatively with groups in shared tasks that may have tight deadlines. This position will require flexibility in work locations at UPF in Oak Ridge as assignments may rotate between project office and field locations.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Based on established work processes, review, log, index, distribute, maintain, retrieve, and file a wide range of project records and revision controlled documents (e.G., drawings, specifications, supplier submittals, correspondence, material requisitions, construction work packages, change documents, etc.) in accordance with procedures, instructions, and guidelines.
• Perform accurate data entry using InfoWorks, company’ s electronic document management system (EDMS).
• Assign unique document numbers to records collection based on established procedures.
• Monitor and review data entry accuracy daily, weekly and/or monthly and adhere to data entry accuracy rates as established by supervisor for assigned work tasks.
• Assist internal and external customers with questions or issues related to document numbering, work process, electronic signatures, document legibility, etc.
• Assemble information needed to support project activities.
• Create and/or update desktop work instructions and procedures.
• May assist in the creation of How-To videos related to document control.
• Train others in the use of software applications used for document management activities.
• Work with project employees to ensure records are complete and accurate and compliant with procedural requirements.
• Demonstrates sustained commitment and support for safety through personal safe behavior/work practices,
following all safety rules and procedures, and reporting unsafe work practices/situations.
• Ability to work overtime on short notice, as required.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisors and managers.
• High school diploma or equivalent and five years of relevant experience; or an Associate Degree in related field and one year of relevant experience; or a Bachelor’ s Degree in related field.
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
• Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
• Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate data entry skills. A Data Entry Inventory Database skills test will be administered to test proficiency.
· Experience in document control and record keeping practices and processes.
· Must be detail-oriented.
· Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
· Ability to be pro-active, use individual initiative, follow assignments through to completion, and adhere to deadlines.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and easily adjust to shifting priorities.
· Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy, and judgement.
· Working knowledge of computer applications.
· Experience with InfoWorks and supporting tools or other Electronic Document Management Systems.
· Knowledge of NQA-1 standard, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications, as it relates to document control.
· Experience with automation tools used in wide range of document control tasks (e.G. ‘ How To’ videos, SharePoint or Portals, EDMS, InfoWorks, etc).
· Possess a high-degree of flexibility and be willing to adjust to unexpected and/or unanticipated tasks or projects as needed.
· Demonstrate ability to maintain high quality work products in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with a variety of team members.
· Ability to learn new software applications, and train others.
· Ability to provide guidance to others in work team, as requested.