Houston TX, TX 77041 US
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the loading, unloading, transferring and stacking product in the warehouse and/from trucks and shipping containers while meeting safety, quality and on-time delivery objectives. Also responsible for correctly processing and documenting incoming/outgoing shipments and tracking shipments. Ensures work meets established goals for the department and company.
May include, in addition to;
· Verify correct information regarding incoming and outgoing shipments. Sign, document and process receipts for these transactions.
· Use a computer as needed for email, internet information and use document applications to create entries and maintain an electronic log of incoming and outgoing packages.
· Track shipments as needed
· File all paperwork timely and accurately
· Assist Accounts Payable with problem solving when needed
· Operate a forklift to transfer, load, unload items/packages
· Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
· Follow all safety procedures and guidelines
· Proper PPE and uniform must be worn at all times during each shift
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment
· Follow instructions for operating equipment, preform pre and post operating safety checks and update/maintain required records
Perform other duties as assigned
Nature and Scope
Takes direction from Lead/Supervisor
Works within well-defined instructions
Complies with Company policies, work procedures and safety procedures
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to successfully process (ex: Basic Loading and Unloading) factory transfers in a safe and efficient manner without damage and with minimal supervision
Ability to operate a forklift safely and work in a fast-paced warehouse –Must pass in-house forklift training
Knowledge of WMS (warehouse management systems) PKMS and scanning equipment preferred
Effective verbal and written communication skills- English
Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
Ability to apply high level of attention to detail and accuracy
Basic computer skills- MS Office –Outlook and data entry
Be dependable and work well in a team environment.
Ability to use good judgement and strong work ethics and integrity on the job
Ability to effectively establish positive working relationships with internal and external customers and employees
Ability to understand and follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost
2 years Forklift Experience Minimum
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
Will have to get on and off of the forklift regularly